Volvo Trucks introduced its first fully electric truck for commercial use. The truck is called FL Electric and is intended for use by urban services, in particular in the field of waste disposal, local delivery of goods and other similar applications. Sales and mass production of the new model will begin in Europe next year.
In January, it became known that the Volvo Trucks company intends to release its first electric trucks in 2019. Now Volvo Trucks introduced its first electric truck.
FL Electric is a 16-ton (35,000 pounds) truck equipped with a 252-horsepower electric motor (425 Nm of torque), a 2-speed transmission and a battery pack with a capacity of 100 to 300 kilowatt-hours. According to the developers, with the help of high-speed charging you can charge the car in one to two hours, while the usual charging will take about 10 hours. On one charge, according to the company, FL Electric will be able to drive up to 300 km (186 miles).
- Fully electrically-powered truck for distribution, refuse collection and other applications in urban conditions, GVW 16 tonnes.
- Driveline: 185 kW electric motor, max power/130 kW continuous output, two speed transmission, propeller shaft, rear axle. Max torque electric motor 425 Nm. Max torque rear axle 16 kNm.
- Energy storage: 2-6 lithium-ion batteries, totalling 100-300 kWh.
- Range: Up to 300 km.
- Charging: AC charging via the mains grid (22 kW) or DC fast charge via CCS/Combo2 for up to 150 kW.
- Recharging time: From empty to fully charged batteries: fast charge 1-2 hours (DC charging), night charge up to 10 hours (AC charging) with maximum battery capacity of 300 kWh.
- The first two Volvo FL Electric trucks will be operated by refuse collection and recycling company Renova and haulage firm TGM.
- The Off Peak City Distribution project studied the effects of goods transport at night in central Stockholm. By avoiding peak hour traffic the trucks were able to do their jobs in one-third of the time compared to daytime operation.
Volvo Trucks has started delivering the first fully electric trucks. It is a garbage truck for the waste and recycling company Renova and a distributor truck for the Schenker service provider TGM operating in Sweden. The electric… Continue reading
Renault Trucks has signed a contract with the Carlsberg Group for the delivery of 20 fully electric 26-ton D-type ZE trucks. The electric trucks are to be delivered to the Swiss brewery Feldschlösschen later this year. The heavy… Continue reading
Renault Trucks will begin mass production of the D ZE and D Wide ZE electric trucks at its Blainville-sur-Orne, Normandy plant this month. The plant was expanded for the assembly of the e-distribution trucks. This start of production… Continue reading
DPD Switzerland has ordered a purely electrically powered Futuricum Logistics 18E truck from the Swiss company Designwerk Products AG in Winterthur. The Logistics 18E electric truck from Designwerk has a range of up to 760 kilometres. At 680… Continue reading