In 2011, Ford took a few tentative steps towards the electric vehicle market. Now, gladly for us, Ford opened the door on the electric segment ten years later, putting timidity aside, introducing the new Mustang Mach-E. It is the first 100 % electric Ford SUV, the first vehicle to bear the Mustang name, the first model built on an entirely new platform (Global Electrified 1), and the first modern Ford model with a front trunk.
But then we had another idea. We've gone through the top things you should know about the new Ford Mustang Mach-E. How did I come upon these facts? The new Mach-E Mustang has arrived at us, and we were happy to drive it. We are not permitted to instruct you on how to drive at this time, but we have prepared all of our findings in the text below. Enjoy!
1. The Ford Mustang Mach-E exposes buyers to the frunk. It's not a specific individual, but rather the front trunk covered behind the hood. Mustang Mach-e uses the fact that there is some room leftover from the regular engine and creates a storage area with separators there. It comes very handy when you need to transport small shopping items. And, if something falls there by mistake, the Mustang Mach-E inherits the innovative formula from the Ford Puma. This tiny front trunk is machine washable. It has a capacity of 81 liters. This increases the volume of the standard trunk, which is disguised behind an electronic tailgate. As a result, customers will discover 402 liters and a second floor with charging wires buried beneath.
2. We know that the lack of comfortable autonomy is a significant deterrent for people considering purchasing an electric vehicle. So Ford has thought of two powerful batteries, designed to provide consumers with comfortable autonomy even when they wish to get out of the city and guarantee that the new Ford Mustang Mach-E cures any worry. Whether you choose the regular battery, which has a capacity of 76 kWh (usable capacity 68 kWh), or the Extended Range version, which has a total of 99 kWh (functional capacity 88 kWh), you will have enough autonomy to go a very long distance. Even a road trip to the sea is possible with a single fully charged battery, thanks to the Mustang Mach-fearlessness E's on the highway.
3. An electric automobile the size of a Ford Mustang Mach-E must charge rapidly due to its massive batteries. And for that, she'll require a never-ending hunger when you plug her into a power outlet. In such cases, the connector is, of course, CCS. As with the Audi e-tron, the power plug is located on the left front wing.
The basic battery version is capable of drawing up to 115 kW from a quick outlet. The Extended Range version is the same. Furthermore, the maximum charging capacity using a fast outlet in this scenario is 150 kW.
4. Ford wanted to make sure that anyone considering a Mach-E Mustang would have access to substantial resources. As a result, Ford increased the bar compared to Volkswagen ID.4; the power calculations for the Mustang Mach-E begin at 270 horsepower. Both provide an entry-level version (equipped with a 76 kWh Standard Range battery) whether you opt with rear-wheel drive or all-wheel drive.
The new 2021 Ford Mustang Mach-E provides 294 horsepower to customers who pick the Extended Range variant with a 99 kWh battery. Those who choose the all-wheel-drive to the list of options will get 351 horsepower.
We can't tell you about the acceleration or how appropriate the resources are. Still, based on the present data, it wouldn't be a bad idea to consider the overall mass of the automobile, which is nearing 2.2 tons. Fortunately, the Americans could spread this weight approximately evenly, i.e., 48/52, giving the car the characteristics of a genuine Ford in terms of road holding.
The torque, which ranges between 430 Nm (4x2 models) and 580 Nm (4x4 models), is expected to compensate for the additional pounds. It is controlled by a Borg Wagner automatic gearbox capable of withstanding high torque values.
The new Ford Mustang Mach-E SUV is available with either rear-wheel drive or all-wheel drive, which includes an electric motor on the front axle (standard, it only exists on the rear). The rear engine will be in charge of resource delivery, while the front engine would intervene when the rear axle loses grip or when maximum resources are required.
5. In Europe, the Ford Mustang Mach-E deliveries started a few weeks ago. The price of Ford's first electric SUV, which includes VAT, starts at 51,000 euros. For this price, a buyer gets a 270-horsepower engine, a 76-kWh battery, rear-wheel drive exclusively, and a long list of amenities. In addition, it came with the following features: a B&O audio system with ten speakers, a 10.2-inch digital instrument panel, a 15.5-inch infotainment system, SYNC4 with connected Navigation, Adaptive Cruise Control, active parking assistance, 18-inch wheels, the ability to unlock the doors with a phone, and artificial leather upholstery.
6. The Ford Mustang Mach-E electric SUV has a massive center display. It measures 15.5 inches and is available in the standard. It's a stunning display by the Americans, who concentrated nearly all of the car's operations here. Unfortunately, as a result, the 10-inch screen positioned behind the steering wheel, which is quite small and lacks personalization options, does not entice you to desire more.
7. Opening the doors will undoubtedly be a question of personal preference. Some will admire it and think it's brilliant. Others will point the finger at her. What is known is that Ford showed bravery in this situation. On the front doors, there is a button. When pressed, it unlocks the automobile, but there is also a tiny handle to pull. The back door operates on the same concept, except there is no longer a handle. Instead, the door opens 4 inches to allow you to pull it open.
You may also use your phone to unlock the car. Again, it functions as a smart key. The automobile senses the phone's proximity through Bluetooth, as it does with the key that allows access and keyless ignition. The setup necessitates the use of an intelligent application known as FordPass Connect.
8. Ford promises a vibrant personality in keeping with the brand's history. The battery pack was positioned between the two axles to reduce the center of gravity. Customers may personalize their road attire by selecting one of three driving modes. The most balanced of these is Active, and it is the equivalent of a typical run. The Whisper mode also seeks to avoid using engine resources as much as possible to enhance autonomy. Finally, of course, Untamed's sport option sharpens the feelings of acceleration and direction while altering the engine sound. It has a more forceful tone while being artificial and conveyed through speakers.
Although many would argue that this automobile is not a Mustang but rather a sacrilege to the famous model, it would be prudent to take a big breath, sip some cool water, and consider whether we truly intended to purchase a muscle car soon. Furthermore, no one has stated that the new Ford Mustang Mach-e will replace the famous Ford Mustang. Instead, the electric SUV just adopted its name to make a spectacular debut.
The original Ford Mustang will be around for a long time. After all, who would want to alter the formula of the world's best-selling sportswoman for the third year in a row? So don't cast stones. There is room for both the Ford Mustang and the Ford Mustang Mach-E electric SUV. @media from Ford.
The 2021 Ford Mustang Mach-E all-electric SUV was designed to be fully electric and zero-emission from the start - it's coming to Europe in early 2021. The Mustang Mach-E brings the freedom, performance and iconic style of the world’s best-… Continue reading
The Ford Mustang Mach-E GT - the most exciting, most driver-oriented version of Ford's all-new, all-electric SUV - is now available for order in Europe for the first time. With more torque than any previous Ford car offered to customers in… Continue reading
After years of unchallenged dominance in the electric car market, Tesla finally has some competition in the electric cars market. But, it is still challenging to make up a list of electric cars with greater autonomy and at the same time to… Continue reading
Ford's new all-electric SUV, the Mustang Mach-E, arrived in Norway. Over the next two weeks, the all-electric SUV will be tested on Norwegian roads and tested extensively on a number of different types of public charging networks. Ford's new all-… Continue reading