The demand to drastically reduce vehicle emissions is being pushed ever further. As a result, Peugeot is one of the first manufacturers to offer an electric van with a hydrogen fuel cell in series production in the compact commercial vehicle segment from 2022, in addition to the combustion and battery-electric models.
The new Peugeot e-Expert Hydrogen is thus the latest symbol of the brand's "Extended power of choice" strategy. This van allows customers to choose from a wide range of engines, the one that best suits their individual needs. The hydrogen fuel cell electric version is proof of the rapid evolution of the Peugeot Expert range. After its launch in 2020, the battery-powered Peugeot e-Expert was chosen "International Van of the Year" in 2nd place at the beginning of 2021.
The new Peugeot e-Expert Hydrogen features a unique mid-power plug-in hydrogen fuel cell-electric system specific to Stellantis. The new Peugeot e-Expert Hydrogen is based on the EMP2 (Efficient Modular Platform) and is a fully electric vehicle that combines two on-board electrical energy sources:
- A hydrogen fuel cell is located in the engine compartment at the front of the vehicle that powers the electric motor. It recombines the hydrogen from the tank with the oxygen from the air. It only emits water vapor through the exhaust pipe.
- A permanent magnet electric motor with a maximum power of 100 KW and a maximum torque of 260 Nm. This electric drive is located on the front axle. It is similar to that of the Peugeot e-Expert (electric battery model), characterized above all by a gearbox adapted to the loading conditions for the use of commercial vehicles.
- A high-voltage lithium-ion battery under the cab seats with a capacity of 10.5 kWh and an output of 90 kW. The battery is charged via the charging socket on the left front fender. The high-voltage battery is guaranteed at least 70 percent of its charge capacity for eight years or 160,000 kilometers.
- An 11 kW three-phase on-board charger is housed in the engine compartment.
- A tank system consisted of three hydrogen tanks located under the floor with a total capacity of 4.4 kilograms at a pressure of 700 bar.
The new Peugeot e-Expert Hydrogen offers a range of 400 km, of which around 50 kilometers can be covered with one high-voltage battery charge.
The new Peugeot e-Expert Hydrogen features:
- Its ability to cover all routes without CO 2 emissions.
- The possibility of filling up with hydrogen in three minutes for a range of over 400 kilometers.
- A charging socket for the high-voltage battery.
- Two available lengths (standard and long) with the same load volume characteristics as the diesel and battery-electric versions.
- Up to 6.1m³ loading volume.
- Up to 1,000 kg payload.
- Up to 1,000 kg trailer load.
With its strong personality, silent access to city centers, no CO2 emissions, and no compromise in terms of performance, the new Peugeot e-Expert Hydrogen is a fantastic mobility offer. The model is the answer to the expectations and needs of business people and many urban communities who want to preserve the quality of life of their residents.
The new Peugeot e-Expert Hydrogen combines compact external dimensions with maximum loading capacity. By locating the hydrogen tanks under the floor, the cargo volume is identical to that of the diesel and battery-electric versions.
The new Peugeot e-Expert Hydrogen is the first production vehicle from Peugeot to offer an electric car with a hydrogen fuel cell. The new Peugeot e-Expert Hydrogen is produced in Valenciennes, France, and built at the Stellantis Competence Center for Hydrogen Technology in Rüsselsheim, Germany. @via H2.LIVE.
Volkswagen ID Buzz Cargo has been named "International Van Of The Year 2023" (IVOTY). Carsten Intra, Managing Director of Volkswagen Commercial Vehicles (VWCV), accepted the prize at the IAA in Hannover from Jarlath Sweeney, Chairman of… Continue reading
The new Opel Combo-e Cargo is now available in Europe for a starting price of 29,700 euros net. The all-electric high-roof van is a step down from the Opel Vivaro-e electric van, followed by the big Opel Movano-e later this year. The Opel… Continue reading
The 2023 Volkswagen ID. Buzz is more than just a retro-inspired electric van. It's a versatile, spacious, and fun-to-drive vehicle that offers attractive private leasing prices from $750 per month. Volkswagen has a long and rich history of… Continue reading
Ford has unveiled the E-Tourneo Courier, a fully electric version of its compact van that will be produced in the Ford Otosan factory in Craiova, Romania. The E-Tourneo Courier is part of Ford's plan to electrify its entire… Continue reading