Suppose you are looking for a new and exciting way to learn how to drive an electric car. In that case, you should check out the driving school program offered by Citroen, the French automaker known for its innovative and unconventional vehicles. The program allows young people to learn how to drive the Citroen Ami – 100% Electric, a compact and agile two-seater vehicle that can be driven without a license in some European countries.
The Citroen Ami – 100% Electric is a perfect vehicle for urban mobility, as it has a range of 47 miles and a top speed of 28 mph. It can be charged in just three hours from a standard electrical socket, like a smartphone. It also has zero emissions, low maintenance costs, and easy access to city centers.
The driving school program, which is available in France and Italy, aims to introduce young drivers to the benefits of electric mobility and teach them the basics of driving, such as traffic rules, road signs, and parking maneuvers. The program consists of 10 hours of theoretical lessons and 10 hours of practical lessons, using the Citroen Ami – 100% Electric as the learning vehicle. The lessons are conducted by certified instructors who Citroen trains to use the Ami – 100% Electric. The students can also use the My Citroen app to access their driving data, such as range, mileage, and battery level.
The driving school program is part of Citroen's strategy to make the Ami – 100% Electric accessible and appealing to everyone, especially young people who are looking for new ways of mobility. The Citroen Ami – 100% Electric can be purchased for $7,200 (including VAT and ecological bonus), rented for $24 per month (including VAT and ecological bonus), or shared from $0.31 per minute (subject to a monthly subscription of $11.90 with no commitment).
Citroen has also partnered with Fnac and Darty, two leading retailers in France, to display the Ami – 100% Electric in their stores and offer online ordering. Customers can also customize their Citroen Ami – 100% Electric with six different color packs and various accessories.
Learning how to drive an electric car can have many advantages for young drivers, such as:
- Saving money on fuel and maintenance costs. According to a recent analysis by US Department of Energy researchers, the national average for charging an electric vehicle is $0.15 per kilowatt-hour (Kwh). Costs vary from state to state, but over 15 years, they predict an electric vehicle could save its owner up to $14,500 on fuel costs compared to a gasoline car.
- Reducing environmental impact. Electric cars do not produce any exhaust emissions that can cause local air pollution and contribute to climate change. According to a study by the European Environment Agency, electric cars emit, on average, about half of the greenhouse gases that gasoline cars do over their lifetime.
- Enjoying a smooth and responsive driving experience. Electric cars have instant torque and acceleration that are not interrupted by gear changes. They are also very quiet and comfortable to drive.
Driving an electric car is not very different from driving an automatic car, as they both have only two pedals: accelerator and brake. However, some features are unique to electric cars, such as:
- Regenerative braking. This is a system that recovers some of the energy that is normally lost when braking and uses it to recharge the battery. This helps extend the range of the electric car and reduces brake wear.
- One-pedal driving. This is a mode that allows the driver to control both acceleration and deceleration with only one pedal. When the driver releases the accelerator pedal, the electric car slows significantly due to regenerative braking. This reduces the need to use the brake pedal and makes driving more efficient and convenient.
- Battery management. This process involves monitoring the battery level, planning the charging stops, and choosing the optimal charging method. There are different types of chargers available for electric cars, such as slow chargers (3-6 Kwh), fast chargers (7-22 Kwh), or rapid chargers (43-120 Kwh). The charging time depends on the battery capacity, the charger power, and the state of charge.
Learning how to drive an electric car with Citroen Ami – 100% Electric is a unique and innovative way to learn eco-friendly mobility and enjoy its benefits. It is also a great opportunity for young people to discover the Citroen brand and its creativity, comfort, and sustainability values. @via motorionline and autoplus.
If you are looking for a fun and eco-friendly way to explore the UK, you might want to check out the Citroen Ami 100% electric car tour. This is a unique opportunity to experience the innovative and compact urban mobility solution that is… Continue reading
Citroen is one of the most innovative and iconic car brands in the world, with a history of producing vehicles that combine style, comfort, and technology. The Citroen e-C4 X is the latest example of this tradition, a fully electric crossover… Continue reading
Citroen has always been known for its quirky and innovative designs, from the iconic 2CV to the futuristic DS. The French automaker has never shied away from challenging the conventions of car design and offering something different to the… Continue reading
London is one of the most iconic and vibrant cities in the world, but it also has a serious problem with air pollution. According to a recent report by the Mayor of London, more than two million people in the city are exposed to illegal and… Continue reading