The Chinese electric car startup Aiways will accept pre-orders from European customers for its fully electric SUV U5 from the end of August. Aiways plans to announce the European pre-sale markets and the required down payment later.
The notice speaks of a "small deposit" to reserve the car in pre-sale, so it will probably be in the four-digit range. In Europe, the Aiways models are only available as direct sales, not through traditional car dealerships and dealers. Euronics will also organize test drives with the U5 through its branches. Maintenance is handled by the ATU, Germany’s largest chain of auto-repair and car-parts stores.
Alexander Klose, Executive VP Overseas Operation at AIWAYS, commented:
"Online pre-sales represents the next important phase of AIWAYS’ entry into the European market. It’s our promise to customers that for only a small deposit they can be among the first to receive the U5 and start enjoying the benefits of a long range, high-tech and well equipped electric SUV."
Aiways U5 specs (2021 European version):
- -more than 400 km (250 miles) of WLTP range;
- -63 kWh battery (liquid-cooled)
- -battery pack energy density of 181 Wh/kg
- -140 kW and 315 Nm electric motor (front-wheel drive), maximum 16,000 rpm
- -DC fast charging: 30-80% SOC in 27 minutes
- -AC normal charging: 20-100% in 8 hours (using 6.6 kW on-board charger)
- -curb weight of 1,700-1,750 kg
- -4,680mm in length, 1,865mm in width and 1,684mm in height, a long wheelbase of 2,800mm
- -drag coefficient of 0.29
- -boot capacity of 1543 liters
After a temporary production break, Aiways has now resumed production of the U5 in Shangrao, China. Production of the models for Europe is said to start in July, with first deliveries in Europe currently scheduled for October 2020.
The Chinese start-up electric car start-up based in Shanghai, Aiways starts pre-selling its first fully-electric SUV, the U5, in Germany. Aiways sells...
The Aiways U5 is scheduled to go on sale in Europe at the beginning of 2020 and a few months later to the United States. It will not have traditional acquisition formula...
Five hundred Aiways U5 electric crossovers have already been exported from China. From July this year, all of them will be included in the fleet of Hertz Corsica, a car...
The new Toyota PROACE Electric van will be launched in European markets from the fall of 2020. The range includes three body lengths and two different...